Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Daniel Minchom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on sites operated by us (our sites) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, commenting functionality and messaging services (together interactive services), enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, username, shipping address, e-mail address and phone number. We will not have access to your financial and credit card information but this will be collected and held securely by our selected payment processor.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to provide you with information about goods or services that may interest you, in accordance with the paragraph below.
The information we share when you make purchases. If you have previously made purchases from us, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about other products similar to those which you showed interest in or purchased. If you are new to our service, or where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, contact us or our partner Bleep Limited, or use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the marketing email.
The information we share if you use the interactive services: your use of the interactive services will allow other users of the site to view certain information. This may include:
- displaying your username in conjunction with any comments or other content uploaded by you to other users of the site;
- when you visit the site (including the pages of the site that do not relate to the interactive services), displaying your username on the site such that it is visible to other users of the site, including unregistered users of the site; and
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- [to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;] [RELEVANT?]
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means any of our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information as follows:
- Third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Third party organisations (such as recording labels and distributors) that may require the data for their business purposes. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to such organisations, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have purchased particular kinds of products on any given day).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bleep Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of marketing emails sent by us or Bleep Limited. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, [advertisers] and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.